We think outside the box!
Why join Syneto?
Join us on our mission if you think you share our motivation and our flavour of “crazy”!
Competitive salary and compensation packages.
Work in one of the few European IT infrastructure companies.
Flexibility to choose from several career paths in a young and dynamic organisation.
Very cool offices and friendly work environment.
Coaching and training from colleagues with 10+ years of experience.
Healthcare – private medical package for you and your family members.
Good coffee available all the time and fresh local fruits 3 times week.
Current job openings
Senior Technical Customer Support Engineer (Timisoara, Romania)
Syneto is a home to those who dream big, who like to challenge the limits of what is perceived as possible, and who always bring passion into their work. We are developing the next generation of hyperconverged infrastructure software and appliances.
Why join us?
- Join us on our mission if you think you share our motivation and our flavor of “crazy”.
- As the company is growing at a staggering pace, you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are not just another multinational corporation. Not one of the many.
- Competitive salary and compensation packages.
- Work in one of the few European IT infrastructure companies, if not the only one.
- Flexibility to choose from several career paths in a young and dynamic organization.
- Coaching and training from colleagues with 15+ years of experience.
As a Senior Technical Customer Support Engineer at Syneto, you will be working with internal systems, new and unreleased products, as well as customer’s production systems. This means that you will have a lot of opportunities to improve cutting-edge datacenter and cloud technologies, optimise systems and processes, and make the world a better place.
Syneto Technical Customer Support Engineers support over 1000 companies running VMware and Syneto products in several countries. They support the entire suite of Syneto products for customers and partners, connecting with them via phone, email, and the web. They resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, issue reproduction, and troubleshooting by utilizing system administration, networking and storage skills. We ensure the success of our groundbreaking technology through quick response times and exceptional customer affinity. We are top-notch engineers from leading virtualization, compute, and networking companies, with the ability to handle all problems that come our way.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and diagnose customer issues;
- Independently diagnose and resolve problems within our sphere of the customer environment;
- Work with technology partners (e.g. VMware, Microsoft) to diagnose and resolve the problems of our customer environment;
- Design, define and document support processes, training and knowledgebase articles for both customer and internal use;
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on team operations; closely managing critical customer accounts in order to develop paths to issue resolution.
- Provide support on weekdays and also off-hours support, on an “as needed” and scheduled rotational basis;
- Document case works accurately to ensure the correct level of detail is available for colleagues.
- A motivated self-starter, self-learner, who embraces challenges;
- A logical approach to problem-solving;
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills;
- aptitude and a desire for learning new technologies.
- Experience with Remote Access Troubleshooting;
- Implementing and troubleshooting VMware vSphere;
- Implementing and troubleshooting SAN and NAS storage technologies.
- VCP-DCV, VCP-NV or VCP-CMA certification for VMware vSphere;
- Networking implementation and troubleshooting (routing and switching);
- Unix/Linux scripting or programming skills.
Syneto develops a next-generation operating system for private clouds. We lead the way how people across Europe use and interact with their datacenter devices. Our products run operations for schools, managed service providers, newspapers and submarines.
You will be part of a young, results-driven team that is building Central, our cloud services platform designed to improve The Syneto Hyperconverged Data Management Platform and open the way to the future of IT infrastructures: the hybrid cloud. As the platform evolves, AI and Big Data will no longer be just buzzwords for you. We’ll get to surf the winds of change together and also have fun doing it. Best of all, your ideas and expertise will be highly regarded. You’ll feel pride in the work you do as your contribution will make our customers’ life so much easier.
One thing is for sure: you’ll never get bored in your day to day schedule with us. It’s in Syneto’s DNA to adopt new technologies early on.
As a backend developer for the Central team, part of your responsibilities will be:
- developing new features and implementing new technologies and frameworks;
- automating tests;
- maintaining and improving existing projects;
- contributing to estimates in order to ensure timely releases;
- collaborating with other teams to ensure our projects are properly integrated.
- 2+ years of programming experience;
- good knowledge of OOP principles;
- experience creating and consuming RESTful APIs;
- comfortable with command-line applications (Linux);
- eager to learn new programming principles, frameworks, technologies and even programming languages;
- is convinced that their career path is a continuous learning process.
- BS degree / MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent courses;
- 5+ years of programming experience;
- good knowledge of TypeScript, MySQL, Memcached, GraphQL;
- knowledge of design patterns, clean architecture, TDD;
- knowledge and experience building robust and scalable systems;
- capable of a high-level view of a project and considers various functionality aspects while programming;
- ability to train and coach other colleagues.
- Back-end: NodeJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Memcached, JEST (unit/ API testing);
- Version control & CI/CD: Git, GitLab;
- Deployment automation and orchestration: Docker, Harbor, Kubernetes, PKS;
- Cloud platforms: Google Cloud.
- Competitive salary and compensation;
- Company performance bonus;
- Budget for conference travel and trainings (technical/language);
- Two weeks a year when you choose what to work on;
- Relevant work with modern, up-to-date technologies;
- Work in one of the few Romanian product companies. Quality really matters to us.
- Flexibility to choose from several career paths in a young and dynamic organisation;
- Very cool office in the city center (Piața Unirii);
- Healthcare – private medical package for you and your family members;
- Good coffee and fresh local fruits;
- Discounts for various services: dental, eyewear, restaurants;
- Home office up to 8 days per month.