Unveils ARK Series for long-term archiving, increases performance for VMs and private clouds, and delivers high IOPS with low TCO
Milan, Italy – 19th February 2015 – Syneto, the Europe-based manufacturer of the storage industry’s finest arrays, today unveiled its expanded and enhanced line of solutions. Addressing issues including scalability, performance and cost all under the company’s mission to give its customers the ultimate usability experience, Syneto’s latest product line includes the new ARK Series of storage arrays for long-term archiving, a further enhanced range of ULTRA hybrid systems that use a tiered approach to decrease end-to-end latency in virtual and private cloud environments by up to 100 times, and its EXTREME family, a boosted line of all-flash arrays offering industry-leading speed and extremely high IOPS at low TCO.
The Syneto ARK Series arrays
The new ARK Series offers a number of attractive features including impressive data integrity to prevent data corruption over time, and unlimited scalability:
- Syneto’s IntegriCheck keeps data consistent with checksums instead of HDD sector-size modifications or dedicated hardware, ensuring that silent data corruption is detected and self-healed directly on the array;
- Syneto FlexPool enables painless capacity growth up to a (theoretical) limit of 300 million petabytes with no downtime.
The series consists of the ARK-110 model, featuring 12 bays in a 1U chassis, and the ARK-410 system, offering 36 bays in a 4U chassis and scaling up to 936TB with JBODs, and is a direct response to customer and market demands. It holds several distinct advantages over competing alternatives including a highly competitive pricing structure. The ARK arrays also include a suite of storage efficiency technologies that boost the performance of their multi-core CPUs as well as their DRAM memory; these technologies include in-line compression and in-line deduplication, that help squeeze up to 5x more data in any given storage capacity.
“Today’s backup and archive storage solutions need high per-rack unit disk density to provide all-important low cost/TB. Our ARK Series is designed from the ground up to act as an on/off-site snapshot replication target. And our SmartSnap data recovery technology allows enterprises and system administrators to recover data and be up and running in a matter of minutes, minimising any monetary losses.”
Today’s ARK Series launch is accompanied by the news that Syneto’s ULTRA and EXTREME Series of storage arrays have been through a complete refresh. The priority for the company’s engineers was the development of products based on intelligent, solid design rather than technical and cost constraints, products that would ultimately give customers an exceptional and unique user experience.
“At Syneto we are passionate about the quality of our products. Just imagine the performance, power and attention to detail that are typical of a luxury Italian sports car like a Ferrari: we aim to build the storage equivalent. We consider ourselves craftsmen and want our solutions to be part of a storage strategy that is as unique as our customers’ environments and requirements are. Managing data growth is naturally challenging but our objective is to make this process a pivotal part of an organisation’s success.”
The Syneto ULTRA Series arrays
The ULTRA Series offers unrivalled performance and flexibility, and is the ultimate hybrid unified storage solution for mixed workloads. Syneto’s FlexPool technology spreads data over RAM, SSDs and spinning disks, and enables 75-90% of data reads/writes to be performed directly from DRAM with nanosecond latencies, faster than the millisecond latencies given by SSDs found in other hybrid systems. In addition a larger Level 1 RAM cache provides greater storage for frequently and recently-used data.
Syneto’s ULTRA line also offers:
- VMBox technology which uses the array’s CPU, RAM and storage to create and host up to 22 local virtual machines, turning any ULTRA array into a hyper converged storage solution;
- Deep integration with VMWare allowing VM management from the storage itself thanks to Syneto’s VirtualUnity technology;
- InstaSnap for extremely fast, incremental, consolidated, memory-consistent snapshots of any VMware datastore, and
- The ability to create an active-active HA cluster using the built-in PowerCluster technology.
For low cost and high performance the drive density has been increased from 24 to 36 bays in a 4U enclosure for both the ULTRA-410 and the ULTRA-420 models.
The Syneto EXTREME Series arrays
The Syneto EXTREME Series delivers on the ultimate promise of all-flash arrays: speed, high IOPS and low TCO:
- Reaches up to 340,000 IOPS;
- Offers the ability to create instant clones of VDIs with no need for additional space;
- Allows instant capacity expansion with the addition of additional flash drives or JBODs yet without the need for downtime;
- SpaceBoost technology makes low TCO a reality by allowing up to 5x more data to be stored in any given capacity thanks to in-line data reduction methods like live deduplication and compression, and
- Prices from 20€/Virtual Desktop with the potential for up to 6,000 VDIs on each array.
Syneto’s EXTREME arrays come loaded with twice as much CPU and RAM capacity than their predecessors, ensuring high throughput and low latency, and have the ability to run hundreds of VDIs with varying workloads simultaneously, offering the ideal solution for server and desktop virtualisation, databases, big data engines, private clouds and next-gen technical applications.
Syneto engineers and passionately crafts the most user friendly storage arrays on the market today. We are agile and value real interactions, usable products, collaborating with customers and responsiveness. That is why it is our mission to offer intuitive, beautifully made and obsessively crafted data storage solutions that provide an outstanding user experience. For additional information, please visit our web page: www.syneto.eu or follow us on twitter
For further information:
A3 Communications – the storage and virtualization PR specialists
Federica Monsone / Greg McEwan
- +44 (0) 1252 875 203